Karl Bubenhofer AG

Still going strong after 100 years
and three generations.

1908

Karl Bubenhofer opens a painters' supply business in Gossau in the canton of St. Gallen.

Along with general painting, the business specialized in decorative painting in churches. The interiors of many different churches in Switzerland and in the region around Lake Constance were artistically designed by Karl Bubenhofer in the period before 1918.   
 

 

1926

Karl Bubenhofer sells the painters' supply business and sets up a paint factory.
 

 

1932

The first plant building at today's site is constructed.

In the initial phase, white and color paints were mostly produced in oil, in addition to mineral-based paints.
 

 

1947

The company is reorganized as a stockholding company.

Bruno Bubenhofer joins the company. 
 

 

1954

The product range is extended by emulsion paints.
 

 

1964

A new plant building with development laboratories is taken into operation.

Creation of the range of industrial coating.
 

 

1968

Bruno Bubenhofer takes over running the business.

Beginning of sale of plastic plastering.
 

 

1977

Mineral paints ready for use and mineral plastering based on water glass are launched on the market.

Erich Bubenhofer joins the company.
 

 

1978

Beginning of production of powder coating. 
 

 

1986

Erich Bubenhofer becomes general manager of the company.
 

 

1988

Plaster production expanded

Expansion of powder coating production.
 

 

1998

A new logistics and administration building is constructed.
 

 

2003

Facade insulation incorporated with the brands lamitherm and wancortherm.
 

2005

Takeover of Maurolin Baufarben.
 

2007

A new powder coating plant in Arnegg SG takes up operation.
 

2008

Expansion of the liquid coating production.

Learn more